Sunday, March 8, 2020

Lost Love (Prompt Answers)

Write about a time you had to let go of something you loved or wanted. 
How did it change you?

"My ex-boyfriend because he would not get clean with me. He didn't stop so he died, but I lived clean now for 3 years." -Babygirl*

"I had to let go of my mother when she passed away. It was a difficult time for me. It took me a long time to get through her passing. It taught me to be strong and more self-reliant." -Epifanio I.

"I let go of a friend Mike and it really hurt. He was my recovery buddy. We'd always go to his house and talk, and play music. The day he died, he broke my heart. I have never loved someone like that again." -Sharon S.

"7 years ago I let go of living in Michigan - a place I love - to go to California. It was a long journey via bus, but it was beautiful and full of interesting people. I was stressed and worried during the trip, but laughing in the end. I lit up when I saw my sister though (even though it was 2:00 A.M. when I arrived). I gave up my singing and writing while I was there (4 months) turning into an even bigger recluse. By the time I got back to Michigan, I was depressed and a complete hermit. I didn't start to enjoy myself again until I went back to college. It turns out I'm less destructive in a semi-social atmosphere doing things I love than when I'm living for everyone else's needs. Go figure!" 
- Alanda M.


No comments:

Post a Comment