Friday, December 31, 2021

A Happy New Year Introspective for 2022

 While it is already a new year in some parts of the world, here we still have a couple hours left of 2021 to get through. Some of us are eagerly anticipating The Ball Dropping at midnight, getting drunk with loved ones, and maybe even a hookup or two. Others are at home with their families and writing Resolutions they may, or most likely won't, keep the oncoming year. Then, however, there are the few making new traditions and just trying to keep a brave face as new challenges arrive on their proverbial doorstep. 

"My only resolution is to not make resolutions." says *J.* on her daughter's Facebook post. Meanwhile, said daughter simply intends to "have a beer and play video games tonight" while reacting to the comments incoming from her friends and family. 

"I ended up giving my mother a manicure and a pedicure. Then, somehow, my youngest roped me into giving him a mani-pedi as well. Finally, I broke down and gave myself a manicure and brushed my hair. Sometimes the best way to bring in the Scary-as-Freight-Trains New Year is to just do self-maintenance and drink some lemonade!" stated Alanda McRae emphatically. 

So while some of us are making Resolutions not to eat fatty food or to exercise more, the rest of us are just trying to have a good time and take care to feel better in the New Year. 

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year as we enter 2022 here at B&B Blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment