Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Empathy in an Apathetic World [by Alanda.]

I used to believe in love. I have nothing figured out. I've become jaded and dark.

No matter how emotional I get in my life, it all evens out in the end. 

I used to believe that. I was never in a place where my kindness and empathy wouldn't get me where I needed to be. Now, however, I feel like these traits are just roadblocks. It seems everyone I know is only getting by because they've cut themselves off from the moral sides of emotional health. You have to be a hateful, spiteful, and selfish type just to get anyone to take you seriously.

It doesn't matter that I went to college. It doesn't matter that I'm creative and talented. It doesn't matter that I'm nice to everyone - even when I want to scream at the top of my lungs. None of these things matter to anyone because they don't come with job experience.

It isn't like I've never worked - but they want taxable jobs.
I'm great at what I do - even if I hate it.
I'm a hard worker and I never quit.
However, my references aren't exactly easy to get in touch with. I understand that being an issue... but shouldn't there be someone who lets me get a chance to show my work ethic?

I feel like I'm constantly being kicked in the ribs and I'm already on the ground scrounging for a sign of hope as it is.

What has this world become?

No comments:

Post a Comment