Friday, October 21, 2022

"Secrets I Hide" (Poetry)

 Floating and I can't come down.

Smiling to hide my frown.

A control freak losing hold of my tether. 

Waiting for the sun to shine down in stormy weather. 

Losing all my feathers as I fly,

drowning the world as a I cry.

Twisted up in the possibilities

as I lose touch with multiple realities.

Rocking side to side, 

lost in a train of thoughts.

These feelings are bona fide. 

In a web of them, I'm caught. 

Like my body and mind

speaking different languages and can't communicate.

Hoping to soon find

help with this string of Fate. 

Earthquake of emotions bringing me down.

Waterfalls of ideas but I don't make a sound.

As I swipe away these tears I've cried,

I remember these are just the secrets I hide...

~A.~




No comments:

Post a Comment