Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Diabetes & Low Blood Sugar |Lorrie West|

|Diabetes by Lorrie West|

Living with diabetes has been hard for me. Taking pills and shots every morning and night. Poking my finger for blood for the meter. Reading my meter every day and writing it down so I don't get sick or have high sugar. Or have low sugar. I sure hope I get better and don't have to take shots. It'll be great when that happens. 

Diabetes:

Low blood sugar - you might get low blood sugar {also called hypoglycemia) if you
  • Take certain medicines
  • eat too few carbohydrates
  • skip/delay meals
  • take too much insulin or diabetes pills
  • are more active than usual
Signs and symptoms - Here's what may happen when your blood sugar is low.
  • Shaky / The shakes
  • Sweaty
  • Dizzy
  • Sudden behavior change
  • hungry
  • weak/tired/fatigue
  • headaches
  • nervous/upset
If low blood sugar is not treated it can become severe and cause you to pass out. If low blood sugar is a problem for you, talk to your doctor or diabetes care team. 

It is possible to have hypoglycemia without developing diabetes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment